1.31.2008

Last day of school - Feb 7th

I can't believe that 1 week from now will be Riley's last day of school. It breaks my heart to be taking her away from her normal routine, but mainly, her friends.

The preschool had a management meeting earlier this week and they will be listing her as "Enrolled, but not attending". Their main goal will be to get her back to be with her friends.

The program will go on as such; as soon as Riley is back home, and feeling up to it, her teacher will bring her "homework" to her, and Matt or I will sit in as her teacher. After 3 - 4 weeks, and with a doctors note, they will allow her to come back 2 out of the 4 days, and I must stay with her. No bus ride. As she progresses, they will bump up her time at school, but for the rest of the duration, I will need to be with her. Atleast they have allowed her back in, and are willing to get her back to some sort of routine.

We are still dealing with the tears. We went yesterday to get a "new toy", but she instantly asked if it was for the hospital. Even if I say no, she doesn't believe me.

I hate that she will be in over Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's day, and let me tell you, there is nothing romantic about the PICU (ped. intensive care unit)!
I bought her some sock money satin Valentine's day Pj's at Target yesterday. I am hoping she'll be all about the "girlie" stuff when she is feeling better!

My dearset friend Kaci mentioned to me that, "with each passing surgery, I found myself wearing down sooner than the last" (she has been through more surgeries between cranio and chiari with her 2 kiddos than I can count on both hands), which I am finding to be so true. With Carson's CVR, the adrenaline was pumping so fast, and so hard about a month prior to surgery. I could have gone a month without sleeping, and I would have been fine. With Cooper's CVR, I was running on high, but knew what to expect. This surgery, I am searching for my adrenaline , and am already beat, and we still have a 1 1/2 weeks to go. I'M IN TROUBLE!

Thanks to all my friends who are keeping "tabs" on us. It's truely kept me going!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad Riley won't lose her place at school! Even though it may not be ideal, at least they're not giving her spot away.

Jean said...

If you need anyone to watch Cooper and Carson during these months, I'd be happy to. Especially when you get back and start taking riley to school and staying with her.
I wish I could help more.

Jean

Denise said...

Hey Cindy,
I tried to order my bracelets but it said they did not recognize my credit card. Is it because it is a visa debit?

my4kids said...

I'm glad to hear they are keeping her as enrolled in the school. Being able to look forward to going back will probably be really good for her.

Denise said...

I did try to use the visa part, it is the same number. It wont accept it, myabe because it is a debit card also. Can I mail you a money order?

debi9kids said...

I am so happy the school will be keeping Riley on. How wonderful that she will still have that "constant" when all is said and done.
I have been through my share of tramas with my children, no major surgeries, but I have 4 children with medical problems and the youngest DRAIN me. I completely agree. One would think you would get "used to it", but instead, it seems to become harder.
I will continue to pray for your strength.+