I found my fairy godmother.

Thanks to all of you for your generous thoughts. This just sucks. I know what is right for our family, but I also know we need a break - more like an escape from this hell we are in.

BUT - we have decided that we can't take a break right in the middle of hell.
Riley will just be 3 months post op, and we are still waiting to hear what to do with Carson and Cooper- CHW sent our NS their MRI's from 2006. Hopefully they won't need to be rescanned. And Keegan, we are not sure where he sits either. So, we will hold off.

In June, we are going on a family vacation (all 12 of us) to San Antonio,Texas for a little family reunion. We are staying on a ranch, and there will be tons of stuff for the kids to do.
So, that will have to be our vacation.

We will plan a trip to Disney next spring, depending on the health of the kids.

So on that note, we are getting a new roof.


Michelle said...

What? You don't want to get rained on inside your house this summer? Such a frivolty - a new roof!!

Glad you've got a plan sorted out. Hope you're hanging in there!

BoufMom9 said...

I'm glad you were able to figure out what to do. In the long run, I am sure you will be happy with your decision and I am betting the kids will still have a wonderful time in texas!

Amy W said...

I am glad you have some vacations to look forward to...

BoufMom9 said...

This is my email address:

Maybe we can meet up when you come to NJ...

bestfamily said...

Okay I just have to say that if you get a chance to meet Debi...you should go for it! I just meet up with her and some other friends from our online group Multiplicity, and she is a wonderful person. I turn to her for advice almost daily, and she gives great advice too! LOL I love Debi to death, and you couldn't go wrong getting to meet her. Her kids (the four I've met) are well behaved, and the most helpful children I have ever met.

As for your situation with the roof and Disney. In a sense I am like you. We wanted to take our older 2 to disney for vaca, but with the younger 3 being 2 and under I just don't know how much fun we would have. And there is noone who will keep the youngers for us to just take the olders ao we may go for a short trip, but a long trip will be a no go for a couple of years. Your roof is a "must-have" so I would put it towards your roof and then what ever you have left over put in an account to grow interest along with the tax relief check. Then you'll have your money for your trip in the spring.

You and your family will be in my prayers. I am thankful that I stumbled across this site and am so glad that you are enlighting everyone on the conditions your children have.

bestfamily said...

I want to buy a few bracelets, but I no longer have a paypal account. Can I mail you a money order? If so my email is brandicumbie@yahoo.com. Just let me know where to send it.

Anonymous said...

Going to San Antonio this June also. See you at the Alamo. deb OH, I am glad you found your answer. My daughter says that the Sea World there is so much better than the one in San Diego.