10.31.2007

Hi Ho Hi ho it's off to Indiana we go.....

Happy Halloween

I know it's been a few days since I last posted, Ok, more like an eternity, but we've been extremely busy with doctor appointments, dentist appointments, school, you name it, we've done it!

Last Thursday, my mom and I packed up the kids in the family truckster, aka - the suburban, and headed out east to Indiana to see Matt's family. Now, I know your thinking to yourself, "Cindy and her mom? Where's Matt?" Right? Ok, we'll let me tell you. While my mom and I struggled in the car, with 4 kids under the age of 5, for 7 hours, my dear husband decided he would FLY, because he had to work on Thursday! Bitter, not one bit! My mom and I had a great time with the kids screaming, yelling, fighting, throwing things......


Anyways, My MIL put us up in a hotel for 3 nights (Thanks Kathi!!) which was perfect. The kids were able to swim, then go over to her house, then come back for a swim and a nap.....It couldn't have been any better. We really had a great time. Thursday night when we arrived, the hotel we stayed at rented rooms out to the local businesses so kids could trick or treat in the hotel, instead of outside. BRILLIANT!
The lady at the front desk told us they had 440 kids attend this year! WOW. It's such a cool idea, more places should do that.


On Friday, we hung out, went to the park, and just laid low. Saturday from 12-5p, the K-mart in town also had a special wing-ding for the kids. There were games, and prizes, and CANDY!!!!! My MIL warned me about all the fun stuff going on ahead of time so we were able to have the kids costumes with us. They had a blast!!!


The kids also lucked out and got to do Christmas early, since we won't see them around the holidays.


No trip to Indiana would be complete without seeing our favorite "cousins"!, We dropped Matt off at the airport, and headed back west. I finally got to see Molly's new house!! It's beautiful! She really has busting her hump with unpacking and getting things organized! Looks good Moll! Thanks for lunch! Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

Thanks everyone for such a fun "mini" vacation!

Watch for a Halloween entry tomorrow!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like loads of fun, I was wondering where you have been. You look way skinny too.

Unknown said...

Here is to health! Sounds like you had a really fun retreat! I could use that about now!